The Richards Herald

• March 2Publication will resume in September 2018

• March 1Richards last day of school is May 25

• March 1The 2018-19 school year will begin Aug. 15

Recognition Remix!

The+newly+build+placements+of+recognition+for+students+and+staff.+It+is+fairly+sleek+and+gives+a+nice+overview+of+greatness+when+walking+through+he+main+entrance.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Recognition Remix!

The newly build placements of recognition for students and staff. It is fairly sleek and gives a nice overview of greatness when walking through he main entrance.

Shawnnika Williams

Shawnnika Williams

Shawnnika Williams

Shawnnika Williams, Staff Writer

Recently, staff have been recognized for their hard work, sacrifice, energy, and productivity in and outside the classroom. The initiative was decided upon by The Celebration Committee which is led by Mrs. Debbie Swanson and is comprised of several staff members.

“Our goal is to find ways to recognize the accomplishments of our students and staff,” commented Activities Coordinator Mrs. Debbie Swanson.

The student of the month distinction has has been in action for quite some time and is a success throughout the building. In similar fashion, teachers and other staff were chosen to recognize staff monthly after the model created for students.

“All nominees are given their nomination forms so they can see the nice things said about them. It’s always nice as a teacher to see the impact you have amongst others,” says Mrs. Swanson.

While recognizing the staff does create those feel good moments in life, it also helps build a positive school climate. It’s so nice to see what students and parents say about our staff members. Additionally, it often has a direct influence on key performance measures that are used to evaluate the school.

The building has wonderful teachers and supporting staff here at Richards, and they should always know how wonderful they are. Each month a Miller’s Ale House gift card is generously donated in a funding amount of a $20 gift card to the winning candidate.