The student news site of Harold L. Richards High School

The Richards Herald

• November 3Mathletes 4th Contest - Wed, Nov 8th 3:30 - 5:15pm

• November 3Girls Bowling Tryouts - Mon, Nov 13th, 3:30 - 5:15pm

• November 3AP Extended Day - Thurs, Nov. 9th, 3:30 - 5:15pm

LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!

Student+fundraiser+packets+that+can+be+found+in+the+activities+office+and+main+office.+This+event+is+a+great+opportunity.+
Student fundraiser packets that can be found in the activities office and main office. This event is a great opportunity.

Shawnnika Williams

Shawnnika Williams

Shawnnika Williams, Staff Writer

The Seniors have chosen! The 2018 prom theme has been chosen and the theme is…(drum roll)…  RED CARPET!

Attendees are advised to expect paparazzi aplenty and should dress to impress at this star-studded event. Prom will be held at the Museum of Science and Industry from 7-11 pm on Friday May 18, 2018.

When asked about the options, Senior Jailah Martin said, “I looked at the choices of themes which were “Around the World”, “Vintage Circus”, and “Red Carpet.”  I feel as if the themes could have been chosen better. I picked what I thought was the better option and made more sense.”

Prom tickets tend to be fairly expensive, but any junior or senior student has the opportunity to fundraise for their ticket. The first fundraiser will start on Wednesday, November 15th, 2018. Students will be fundraising Butter Braid Frozen Pastries, which are homemade, hand braided treats filled with 7 different flavors of choosing.

“We did this particular fundraiser last year, and it was very successful,” commented Activities Coordinator and Mathematics teacher Mrs. Debbie Swanson.

Student council is also hosting a restaurant fundraiser at Raising Cane’s, located at 11006 S Cicero Ave, Oak Lawn. It will be hosted on Tuesday, November 14, 2018 from 4-8 pm. Be sure to mention you are with the Richards High School fundraiser for 15% of the proceedings can be given to the cause. This fundraiser will also go towards to help reduce costs at prom this year, which could result in lower tickets for all students across the board.

“We haven’t yet decided on any other upcoming fundraisers.  We are welcome to ideas from students.  The only stipulation is that it must be something that pre-orders and money are collected beforehand.  If any student has an idea, they should email me at [email protected],” says Mrs. Swanson.

Fundraiser pamphlets can be found in the Richards Activities office and main office. Get out and join the movement. Fundraising is an individual learning experience as well as beneficial to the entire student body. So help make this year’s prom the most fashionable, affordable, and exciting event of the year.