The student news site of Harold L. Richards High School

The Richards Herald

• October 10PSAT Testing 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 11 at Richards High School

• October 10Southland Model Train Show 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 15 in the Main Gym

• October 10District 218 College and Career Fair - 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 25 at the Adminstrative Building

Game Over!

Mr. Mike Jacobson, the man behind these video game carts, shows off his love for video games.

Jack Lisula

Jack Lisula

Jack Lisula, Staff Writer

Competitive and casual video gamers will soon find an exciting, new arena for digital battle.

Principal, Mr. Mike Jacobson, is arranging to have video game systems in the cafeteria. These video game setups will be on mobile carts located throughout the cafeteria and can be brought to your lunch table for your enjoyment. At time of writing, the plan is for four carts featuring either a Playstation 4 or an Xbox One. Each cart will also have a 40-inch TV so participants and spectators alike can catch all the action.

Students that frequent the video game club after school on Wednesdays will see a similar lineup of games. Competitive games like Fifa and Streetfighter will be featured on the consoles as other multi-player options. Naturally, mature games such as Call of Duty that contain realistic violence and suggestive content will not be allowed. Students who would like to suggest any other systems or games will be asked for their feedback after this operation gets off the ground.

The goal is for these game systems to be available by the end of October. “All those who want to be destroyed, the line begins to the left,” said Mr. Jacobson, when asked about being challenged at any of the games.