The student news site of Harold L. Richards High School

The Richards Herald

• October 10PSAT Testing 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 11 at Richards High School

• October 10Southland Model Train Show 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 15 in the Main Gym

• October 10District 218 College and Career Fair - 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 25 at the Adminstrative Building

Seniors say goodbye to Richards

Seniors, Subren Musa, Hayley Grayson, and Sereen Ahmed show the past 4 years of their high school lives.

Unknown

Farah Douleh, Staff Writer

As the class of 2017 prepares to take the final steps toward their diplomas, students are thinking about what made their years as Bulldogs memorable.

“My high school years were very memorable. Many memories were made with friends and teacher. My senior year ended with a lot of struggles, but I would say it was a success,” said Subren Musa who joined track and field her freshman, sophomore and senior years.

Musa also joined tennis her sophomore year, but would say that track and field was her favorite sport.

Senior Hayley Grayson who has run track for seven years agrees that track and field was her favorite activity at Richards.

“My high school years were fun and I will definitely remember everything about it. My senior year ended off well. I’m glad how everything turned out and I’ll have friends for the rest of my life,” Grayson said.

In addition to track and field, Grayson was a member of Unity Club.

Like Grayson, Sereen Ahmed participated in sports and activities as a member of Class Officers as President, Scholastic Bowl, SADD, NHS and Spanish NHS. She also played tennis and soccer.

“I’ve enjoyed all these clubs and sports, but I would choose tennis as my favorite. It is my favorite, because the memories we made as a team are the best. I have learned so much and grown so much through the past four years. I am so porud to be a Bulldog and I am proud of everything that I accomplished in high school. I think my high school years are going to be very memorable. I can even look back now at all the good and bad times that have been irreplaceable memories. Senior year definitely flew by, but it was a great end to high school. Being a senior and an admitted college student is a crazy weird feeling. I’m ready to end high school and start college,” Ahmed said.