The student news site of Harold L. Richards High School

The Richards Herald

• October 10PSAT Testing 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 11 at Richards High School

• October 10Southland Model Train Show 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 15 in the Main Gym

• October 10District 218 College and Career Fair - 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 25 at the Adminstrative Building

Meet Marius

Ebony Brown, Staff Editor

Meet sophomore gaming enthusiast, Marius Washington.

“I am a 16 year old at Richards High, and I’m  just a normal guy. I don’t act like anybody I’m just being myself, that’s it,” said Washington.

Washington is a simple, straightforward type of guy, who just happens to love gaming and is a regular at the school’s Gaming Club.

“Well playing (video) games is my thing. Playing games and maybe a few outdoor activities, but not that many,” said Washington.

He has a passion mainly for combat and strategy games, among his favorites are Super Smash Brothers and Call of Duty.

“Super Smash Brothers for Wii U is definitely, flat out, my number one game that I play all the time, and I think on X Box 1 (Call of Duty:) Black Ops 3. I play other games though, there’s this other game that was originally for PC it’s called Rocket League, I play it on the X Box but it’s not very good,”said Washington.

He enjoys the unique 3D battle royal format of Smash Bros.

“Super Smash Brothers has been a game, it’s originally supposed to be a party game, but everyone likes it competitively only because it’s unique in the way it functions. It’s not like the old side screen Street Fighter form. It’s like a 3D, going around the stages, diying off, falling off stages. It’s a Battle Royal. And in Black Opps, it helps with reaction (time), so you play off of reaction and just survive. It’s like a survival game, and I play it because it also helps me out with Smash Brothers, it increases my reaction (time),” Washington said.