Positively Awesome

Positively Awesome is starting to be a tradition at Richards.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Positively Awesome

Reno McMahan, a Sophomore at Richards, had the opportunity to be recognized by Ms. McCaffrey for being Positively Awesome.

Photo courtsy of Ms. Dunback.

Photo courtsy of Ms. Dunback.

Photo courtsy of Ms. Dunback.

Ayah Kurdi, Staff Editor

Positively awesome has been started to recognize students and staff for doing amazing things for the school.

Mrs. Marie Cerwin, the dean of students, had come up with the idea to have positively awesome at Richards.

“My idea, but mostly was a group thing, I heard similar programs from different schools, so I thought Richards needed it so I brought here,” said Mrs. Cerwin.

To get an award all you have to do is do something amazing for the school, and you will hopefully be recognized by the school.

“Staff and students can get an award or a cookie, or a water bottle, cups, magnets, etc.,” said Mrs. Cerwin.

Any staff members can be recognized also, not just students.

The approximate awards that are handed out per week is 40-60 a week.

Also students and staff can get repeated awards.

“I think it’s a way to make everyone feel better. It’s always feels good to be recognized, and I hope it will always be here at Richards high school,” said Mrs. Cerwin.