The Richards Herald

• March 2Publication will resume in September 2018

• March 1Richards last day of school is May 25

• March 1The 2018-19 school year will begin Aug. 15

The LRC has a new look

Ms.+Hattar++works+with+Van+Phan+and+Esmahan+Muthana+during+lunch+time+tutoring.+The+square+tables+are+for+tutoring+and+classes%2C+and+the+round+tables+are+for+independent+study+work.+
Ms. Hattar  works with Van Phan and Esmahan Muthana during lunch time tutoring. The square tables are for tutoring and classes, and the round tables are for independent study work.

Ms. Hattar works with Van Phan and Esmahan Muthana during lunch time tutoring. The square tables are for tutoring and classes, and the round tables are for independent study work.

Alexa Burgos

Alexa Burgos

Alexa Burgos, Staff Writer

The LRC has a new look to create more room for students to work together.

The computers in the middle of the library have been replaced by tables creating an area for teachers to sign out for classes that needs to work together, and for tutors to help students at lunch as well. The round tables to the side are for students who want to come during lunch study and do homework.

“It seems like there’s more collaborative space for students to work,” said Ms. Ann Bryant the head librarian for the LRC who added that the changes will allow students to work more productively.

The LRC is still going to be open and “kids can go during lunch, and after school. The LRC is open Tuesdays-Thursdays from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. after school,” said Bryant.

This idea of taking out the computers in the LRC has been thought about, but just now been executed now that the administration is seeing the iPads in action.

“We felt like we were crammed you know once all the tables were filled you had nowhere else to sit or go,” Bryant said.

The iPads allow students to access digital books and they are using new research databases so students can check books out directly from their iPads and not have to go through the hassle of going all the way downstairs to the LRC to check a book out.

There will not be any new computers installed into the LRC because of the 1:1 technology, and everyone will be getting iPads next school year.

The computers didn’t go completely away some went to the tutoring side of the LRC so tutors and students can have more resources when receiving help after school in any subject.

“Were excited for the new look for the library, and have students and classes come to offer more resources,” said Ms. Bryant.